Saturday, June 30, 2007

Miscellaneous thoughts

I got an email from my sister. She reads my blog. I am quite sure she is the only one. I need to stop writing that no one reads this. My sister is having a baby. The bulk of her pregnancy (at least the time when she will be the biggest) is going to be during the summer, which I imagine will be somewhat uncomfortable.

I think this past June is by far the most blogs I have ever written. Part of it is that the emailing a blog seems to work better now so that I can compose the email on my phone when I have a few minutes and feel somewhat confident that it will actually end up posted. I am not writing about anything spectactularly interesting, so it is not really that bad a thing that only one person reads this.

The New York Yankies are in town right now. My current client is located downtown right across the street from Coors field. Tons of people were making their way to see the game while I was on my way out toward the light rail station. I would say 90% of hats and jersies etc. was Yanky stuff. There was sort of an excitment in the air though. It is hard to explain the feeling of being around so many people on their way to the game. It is too bad most of the fans do not care about the Rockies. I believe that if the Rockies ever got decent, it would not take the Yankies to fill the stadium. I don't even think the Rockies need to be great to get Denver fans to pay attention. Just make us think you have a shot at making the playoffs. Denver isn't a good sports town, it is a GREAT sports town. Fans will come out to watch a decent team. The Rockies just do not qualify. Lately they have been playing pretty good, though. Maybe the can keep it up.

-----

They just swept the Yankies 3 games. Nice

My wife and kids are visiting Grammy and Papa Lou (Tracy's parents) in Las Vegas. My little boy asked me why I usually don't come when they go. I didn't really have a good reason to share with him. The main reason is that I do not really like Vegas. It is too hot and deserty for me. It is too polluted and there are too many cars out there. I told Tyler that next time they go out there I'll go with them. He seemed happy with that. I guess I'll have to go then... That is not something Tyler will forget.

When Tracy set up this trip, my intent was to do SheppyQuest during this weekend. I have an auction this weekend, so now I can not do SheppyQuest. Had we known about this event, Tracy would have picked a different time to do the trip. I blocked off my Calendar so that perhaps the guys who set up this kind of thing would stay away from this weekend. They just ignore that. We probably are not in a position to turn down an event just because I have it blocked off, anyway.

I am bummed out to miss a SheppyQuest opportunity. I didn't do a SheppyQuest last year either. Part of the reason was also this darn Auction Automations company. To be honest, I did not intend to become as heavily involved as I have become. My intention was to simply help develop the software, and pretty much stop there. I got caught up in the exitment, though, and now here I am involved. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It is nice to have a hobby. Sometimes it seems to own me a bit more than I would like, but it is somewhat fun. And who knows? Maybe someday it will make me rich.

Anyway, another boring blog written from my cell phone. Hope Tera does not get too bored reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment